Lead Glass also referred to as Radiation Shielding Glass or X-ray Glass is suitable for installation in Screens, Windows, Walls, And Doors. Lead Glass allows technicians to view the imaging or radiation therapy procedures.
We have lead glass in a variety of standard sizes and also offer custom size lead glass up to a maximum of 1200mm x 2400mm. We have ready stock of lead glass for most dimension for quick delivery.
HMS Metal Corporation is a major provider of x-ray glass and radiation protective lead glass shielding products worldwide.
Xray glass and radiation protective lead glass is utilized when a clear view and radiation shielding is of absolute priority in diagnostic, therapy, isotopic, or nuclear radiation sources. X-ray glass is used for radiation shielding in medical treatment, imaging, testing, inspection, experimentation or energy production.
General Information and Options for X Ray Glass
- Available in 1.8mm, 2.0mm, 2.4mm, 3.2mm and 3.7mm lead shielding equivalences. Higher ratings are available upon request.
- The highest density x-ray lead glass available for the most efficient medical radiation shielding quality, and yet also allowing approx. 88% Spectral Light Transmission
- Uniformly dense and is a composition of high quality materials providing a dependable shielding value.
- Utilized for medical x-ray, gamma, alpha and beta photon shielding only.
- Not for thermal neutron or fast neutron shielding. X-ray lead glass will NOT shield against Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI), electro-magnetism or radio-frequency, ultrasound, laser or any non-ionizing types of radiation.
- Uses of X-Ray Glass in Medical Diagnostic X-Ray Imaging Shielding : Standard X-Ray Protective Lead Glass is typically utilized in medical diagnostic imaging control windows for applications of 150kvp x-ray gamma radiation energies or less such as in radiology, fluoroscopy, angiography, cardiac catheterization labs, computerized tomography (CT scan), chiropractic x-ray and mammography rooms. X ray lead glass is not for use in MRI applications
- Uses of X Ray Glass in High Energy Radiation Therapy Oncology Shielding : For higher shielding equivalency x-ray protective lead glass for utilization in high energy gamma radiation shielding applications of 511kvp such as imaging control windows for Positron Emission Tomography Rooms (PET Scanners) or in Medical Radiation Therapy/Oncology Cancer Treatment facility rooms such as Gamma Knife, Simulator rooms, Brachytherapy, Dose Calibration, Hot Labs, or High Dose Radiation (HDR Rooms).
- Uses of X-Ray Glass in Industrial X-Ray NDT Shielding : Specialized lead windows for industrial applications in non-destructive testing (NDT Rooms) or for certain nuclear or high energy isotopic shielding of hot cells or glove boxes. All radiation shielding requirements for x-ray lead glass control windows in any medical or industrial application or use must always be determined by the customer’s or end user’s qualified health radiation physicist, radiation expert or radiation safety professional.
Lead Glass is fragile material thus on arrival of Lead Glass it must kept in place where least movement is required. Also it should be kept away from places of on-going construction work area.
Lead Glass being highly fragile material, thus handling of lead glass must be done with extreme care. Use of Glass handling tools should be used for handling and storage.
- High quality optical grade lead barium type X-Ray lead glass
- Contains over 60% heavy metal oxide, including at least 55% PbO
- Surfaces are mirror polished
- Excellent for use in medical facilities, laboratories, airports, and screens for radiation